Why Choose IV Sedation?
- Compared to oral sedation or nitrous oxide, you'll reach a deeper level of sedation.
- If you suffer from a heavy gag reflex, IV sedation greatly reduces this problem.
- IV sedation takes effect rather quickly and can be customized to fit your individual needs.
- Differing from deep sedation or general anesthesia, you'll remain conscious during your procedure and still be able to cooperate with instructions.
The IV Sedation Process
Prior to your treatment, you'll receive medication through an intravenous line. This will place you in a calm, relaxed state. Even though you'll be sedated, you'll still remain all verbal and physical response capabilities. You'll maintain this relaxed state while the dental team completes your treatment.
Following the procedure:
- Someone should take you home. Once at home, rest for the remainder of the day.
- Avoid alcohol, and don't take any medications unless you've contacted our office first. Take medications as directed.
- Avoid hazardous or strenuous activities. It's best not to eat a heavy meal immediately following your procedure either. Also, avoid driving a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- If you encounter any issues or abnormalities, please call the office at 765-868-7113.