Periodontal / Gum Disease Treatment
Common Signs of Gum Disease
- Red, tender and swollen gums that bleed during brushing or flossing
- Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- Gum line receding or gums are pulling away from teeth and forming pockets
- Changes in your bite or teeth alignment, loose teeth
Gum Disease Treatment Process
- We provide a comprehensive cleaning to remove built-up plaque and tartar
- For more advanced conditions, scaling and deep root planning are effective treatments we provide. These procedures also involve inclusive cleaning but deeper into areas above and below the gum line. A local anesthetic is administered in conjunction, too
- We utilize an FDA-approved antibiotic called Arestin. Arestin therapy is quick, comfortable and once applied, antibiotics are released into your gums for up to 21 days
How Can I Prevent Gum Disease Before it Starts?
Simple, everyday steps can also be taken to avoid gum disease growth, including:
- Brushing and flossing consistently at least twice a day
- Using an antimicrobial mouth rinse daily to help control plaque
- Scheduling regular checkups
If you are experiencing the symptoms of gum disease, it’s essential that you begin treatment. Besides tooth loss, studies have linked the untreated periodontal disease to the development of severe health issues such as heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and pre-term low birth-weight babies. If you think you may have gum disease, please contact Markland Family Dental at 765-868-7113 to schedule an appointment right away!