Benefits of Composite White Fillings
- Created to match your tooth to ensure a natural look and feel
- Because composite fillings can be created in smaller preparations, less of your tooth structure is lost and less drilling is needed
- The material is made from acrylic and glass particles, containing no mercury or other metals
- Provides support to remaining tooth structure, and insulates against temperature changes
The Filling Process
- First, the targeted tooth is prepared to remove decay
- Next, a bonding agent is applied to the prepared tooth
- The composite material is placed and molded to your tooth structure
- The material is hardened by focusing intense light rays on it for about a minute
The filling is now complete and you have a bright, natural-looking new tooth!
Your filling brightness can be maintained by simply practicing good oral hygiene and avoiding staining food and drinks such as coffee, soda, tea, etc.
For more information on composite white fillings or to schedule an appointment, call Markland Family Dental at 765-868-7113 and let us rejuvenate your smile!